We are featuring some favorite recipes from members of our Board of Directors and Associate Board! Today we are sharing Marcie Harrison’s Chocolate Mint Cookies!
- 3 Cup of flour
- 2/3 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 1/3 Cup (2 sticks + 5 Tbsp) softened unsalted butter
- 2 Cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 bags chocolate peppermint patties
- In medium bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.
- In a large bowl beat on high speed the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture and then milk.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 hour until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Shape a small portion of dough around each mint patty covering candy
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Crimp edges of each cookie with a fork.
- Bake 10-12 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container
I use Junior Mints peppermint patties