- This event has passed.
December 31, 2020 @ 4:30 am - 5:30 am CST
An event every week that begins at 4:30 am on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday, repeating until January 3, 2021
Ice skating is now being offered at 6 parks across the city. This opportunity is for athletes and 3 family members. Rental fee will be waived during this specific time, feel free to bring your own skates. Special Olympics will have the rink for one hour (10:30am – 11:30am) on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sundays. Athletes and family members will have rink time before it is open to the general public. Rinks are limited to the assistant walkers for beginners, those will be a on a first come first serve bases. No instructional programming will be taking place at this time. Skating will be all on your own.
Registration Deadline for the Special Olympics designated rink times is Tuesday, December 22, so register now!
- McKinley Park – 2210 W. Pershing Rd.
- Midway Plaisance Park – 1130 Midway Plaisance North
- Mt. Greenwood Park – 3721 W. 111th St.
- Riis Park – 6100 W. Fullerton Ave.
- Warren Park – 6601 N. Western Ave.
- Wentworth Park – 5625 S. Mobile Ave.
The following Covid-19 guidelines will be followed at each park.
- All participants must come dressed and ready to go on the ice surface.
- Face masks are mandatory for anyone entering the facility, including skaters.
- Access to the building is for skate rental and restrooms only, 4 patrons are allowed inside at one time.
- Only two groups of 10 (athletes and family members) are allowed on the ice at one time and must social distance and remain separated.
- A maximum of 50 people (athletes, participants, family members, friends, etc) are allowed in the confines of the facility.