Spring 2019 Business Development Internship
Special Olympics Chicago is looking for a Business Development Intern to work on a variety of event and donor-related communications tasks. The intern will work with the fundraising team to help sustain and expand revenue. The intern will assist in planning and implement effective fundraising initiatives and meeting preparation related to corporations and foundations. These activities are to be conducted in coordination with the Fundraising team. This position provides a student with an opportunity to broaden their understanding of the communications field, as well as nonprofit operations, through hands-on experience.
- Attending community events to promote organizational goals and solicit donations.
- Writing and sending event invitations to donors, as well as being responsible for maintaining a relationship with these donors post-event through phone-calls, emails and letters of thanks.
- Providing support to program staff for special projects and initiatives.
- Entering and editing data in corporate database.
- Attending the athletic competitions of our athletes with intellectual disabilities.
- Assisting with general office tasks as necessary.
- Assist with the creation and preparation of communication materials.
- Conduct prospect research and complete donor profiles.
- Assist with annual appeals including drafting letters, compiling prospect lists, and mailings – primarily will work on new grass roots campaign.
- Interacting directly with donors and other staff members.
- Assisting in setting up for and staffing special events.
- Must have completed at least four semesters of college or community college courses.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject headline: Spring 2019 Business Development Internship