Title: Development Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Special Olympics Chicago/Special Children’s Charities is currently seeking a full-time Development Manager to manage the daily activities of the organization’s peer-to-peer events and other fundraising events as assigned. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of SOC/SCC, the candidate will assist in the development of goals and strategies for all assigned events, including the Chicago Polar Plunge, Team SOC/SCC Chicago Marathon team and the Evening Reception. The candidate will also provide the day-to-day planning and management of the events from set up and management of the fundraising platforms and recruiting, communicating with and assisting the participants and donors of the events.
- Create and maintain event pages for peer-to-peer and other fundraising events on donor platform (Qgiv)
- Work with SOC/SCC management team to develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis to Executive Director for assigned events
- Ensure brand standards and consistent tone and voice on all external materials in conjunction with fundraising
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to create and maintain sponsorship opportunities and relationships for each event
- Stay current on industry trends regarding development and fundraising initiatives
Chicago Polar Plunge
- Execute plan for maximizing team and individual participation to achieve revenue goals by retaining existing teams and plungers, attracting new ones from all sectors of the community, and providing fundraising guidance and support to participants
- Recruit and train event volunteers to optimize best fundraising results • Through networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Polar Plunge teams, sponsors and individual plungers to help grow the event
- Work with ED and marketing team to develop materials related to event, including external communications, printed event materials and fundraising kits
- Manage fundraising platform and participant inquiries including training staff on how to use platform organization and use, and assist fundraisers in achieving their goals through use of the platform
- Provide ongoing communication with individual plungers and teams, providing event updates, fundraising tips, etc.
- Develop and coordinate fundraising incentive programs and prizes • Coordinate bus transportation for qualifying teams to and from the event • Coordinate onsite check-in and registration area
Team SOC/SCC – Chicago Marathon Team
- Manage pre and post event portfolio of 200+ marathon team runners and prospects • Execute plan for maximizing runner fundraising efforts and team collaboration • Serve as liaison with Chicago Marathon staff
- Work with ED and marketing team to develop fundraising materials related to events including external communications, printed event materials and fundraising kits • Through networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Team SOC members to achieve fundraising goals
- Develop and coordinate fundraising incentive programs and prizes • Coordinate race day team headquarters and related events
- Conduct post event follow-up to encourage future participate in SCC/SOC events
Volunteer, Athlete, and Program Support
- Cultivate mission-related relationships which include athlete interactions • Attend athlete competitions through the year as assigned
- Perform duties necessary to ensure the successful expansion of SOC/SCC’s mission and fundraising
- Represent Special Children’s Charities/Special Olympics Chicago at fundraising events, donor meetings, and prospective partner meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in fundraising or project organization; preferred experience managing event platforms for peer-to-peer fundraising events • Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office products, and quick to learn other computer programs such as donor management and event programs as needed
- Ability to work well within a collaborative team environment to promote company initiatives, both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to multi-task several projects at one time
- High energy with an ability to learn quickly with a passion for enhancing the lives of those with intellectual disabilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail • Customer service-oriented and able to solve issues independently
PLEASE SEND ALL COVER LETTERS AND RESUMES TO SCC@SOCHICAGO.ORG.
About Special Olympics Chicago/Special Children’s Charities:
Chicago is the birthplace of Special Olympics and is now held in over 170 countries worldwide, with over five million athletes with disabilities. Special Olympics Chicago/Special Children’s Charities provides year-round athletic sports training and athletic competition for children and adults in Chicago with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our mission is to promote, foster, and encourage physical and mental health improvement for Chicago’s children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Special Children’s Charities (SCC) funds the Special Olympics Chicago (SOC) programs and other programs, which are administered by the Chicago Park District, the Chicago Public Schools, and various agencies throughout the City of Chicago. Special Children’s Charities also provides life-enriching programs such as an Art and Music Therapy program through CPS, an After 22 Program, an athlete-produced cable access television show, and a series of popular online events, like online cooking and art classes.